Sunday, September 25, 2011

How I Met Your Mother

My sons used to bug me about watching this sitcom called How I Met Your Mother. I never turned on the TV since Norbert's passing. However recently, during the Hariraya holidays, I went back to Penang and on one of those nights, I went to Batu Feringgi and decided to purchase 84 DVDs and that includes HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER series. The two boys bragged so much about it, so I have to get it.


What I love about this show is ..... Shown in a series of flashbacks, a man tells his children the story of how, as a twenty something guy looking for love, he met and married the woman who would become his wife and their mom. The first season was kind of slow but it gets more and more interesting after the 2nd season. Now I am at 4th season and I can't help but laughed at the scene where Barney got his second tight slap from Marshall after he made them endure his one man show performance at the theatre. My second big laugh was when Lily thought that her house was haunted, where she jumped into Marshall's arms like a bunny rabbit when the photo frame fell.


I cannot believe I have watched these DVDs one after another this long already. They have been very consistent in making people laugh. The cast have so much chemistry and every episode is so much fun! I think the script is really cool and very spontaneous that makes it so unpredictable. Now I am at the part where they all wanted to be NAKED MAN. I have to watch the whole season today. Luckily the clothes are washed, lunch is cooked, beds made, plants watered, and everything is in order...... Time to relax....

P/S I never knew that I would really love the character played by Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson - who was Doogie Howser (one of my favourite tv series those days, when I was living in the States). I think he acts well as a womanizer when he is homosexual. Andrea's remark was "Why are good looking men, gay?" :))))


I love this show!! It's one of the best sitcoms on the air, after FRIENDS and SEX and THE CITY. It justs gets funnier and funnier with each episode - I love it to bits!! Barney is the best on HIMYM and he's the reason I can't stop watching....


And Oh, I forgot to say that, like all sitcoms, I love the fashion the ladies were wearing and this HIMYM series, I can't help but focus my eyes to their necklaces.....

2 comments:

TecerWidad said...

I am addicted to HIMYM since it was 1st aired on Star World and since then, I downloaded each episode from the internet. Sadly this September is the final season of this sitcom. I bet Barney Stinson would be missed by everyone!

To inform you, Neil Patrick was actually a womanizer. He was exactly like Barney Stinson but for some reason he opted to be gay.

Like your son, I always bugged my boyfriend to watch the series. He never took it seriously until one day he had nothing to do, he watched the series. What much can I say, 'Welcome to the club dude!". He is super duper addicted to HIMYM.

The funny part is, this Saturday he is going to start his Masters class. I reminded him to prepare himself mentally and physically. In return he reminded me not to forget to download the new and final season! Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Are u ever going to write again?