Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Just Not Into Him


Aren't we single ladies always on the quest to find the perfect man? Just last week I was on that quest. After writing for 3 months, then I met him. For the sake of this post, let's call this perfect man Korea.

Korea is smart, nice, good-looking (looks slightly older than his age), atheist (which does not matter to me), and would spoil anyone rotten as a boyfriend. He's not just your average amount of nice; he has mastered chivalry to a T and is so caring that it makes my judgmental soul squirm. I can totally tell many young girls are eyeing him for themselves.

But I'm not. Because as perfect as he is, Korea just doesn't make me want to rip my clothes off. And I don't know why. I just don't have an inkling of a crush on Korean. Despite all his qualities, I don't find him all that attractive. I try to take a step past the superficial and focus my attraction on his kind nature and gifted mind, but it's not working.

We've had lunch dates at my favourite eateries (he even sacrificed meat for one meal to dine with me at my favourite vegetarian restaurant) and spent late nights talking. We even took a trip to the local farmers' market and he paid for my breakfast. Plus, we've also had the usual unexpected run-ins on the street and in each instance the butterflies just aren't fluttering.

I'm just not that into him. Well, that is, when I'm with him, I'm just not that into him. Of course I have a crush on him when he's not around! He is my perfect guy. But something is just not in sync when we're together. The birds don't sing, the sky doesn't shine a special kind of blue, and I'm not hoping that our time together will last forever. What else could I possibly want? Why aren't my hormones having the usual reaction to him?

No comments: